Dr. Jiaguo Qi (pronounced Chee) is Director of the Center for Global Change and Earth Observations, and Professor at Michigan State University’s Department of Geography, Environment and Spatial Sciences. Dr. Qi also serves as a Project Scientist for NASA’s MAIRS (Monsoon Asia Integrated Regional Studies) program.
- Biophysical and social systems
- Land-use land-cover change (LULCC)
- Data analysis
- Coupled natural and human systems (CNH)
- Quantification of CNH feedbacks and links
- Geospatial analysis
- Spatio-temporal patterns and processes
Dr. Qi is involved in projects around the world that seek to understand the nature of CNH, with projects in North America, Southeast Asia, East Asia, Central Asia, East and West Africa, South America, and Australia. His recent research investigates the consequences of socioeconomic reform on land degradation in China and climate change impact on human systems in East Africa.